Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Base – Max||Stat|
|10 / 12|
|14 / 16|
|4 / 11|
|2 / 2|
|2 / 2|
|Start rank||Free points|
Background[edit | edit source]
Found in a drunken stupor, Sigbjorn appears to be part of a clan of questionable morals currently residing in Boersgard.
Active Ability: Tempest[edit | edit source]
- The Warhawk uses his massive weight to sweep his weapon around himself, hitting multiple adjacent targets, friend or foe, for normal strength damage.
- Tempest hits the selected enemy target plus additional units, friend or foe, moving in a clockwise fashion around the Warhawk. After clicking on the enemy target (and before ticking to confirm the action) the units to be hit are highlighted with the purple-filled tiles.
- Rank 1: hits up to 2 targets
- Rank 2: hits up to 3 targets
- Rank 3: hits up to 4 targets
- Tempest triggers the Warhawk's passive ability, Heavy Impact, which in turn can cause a chain reaction of destruction if used in close quarters. Keeping the Warhawk out of harm's way until late in the fight will maximize his effectiveness.
Second Active Ability: Choice[edit | edit source]
- In the second part of The Banner Saga, when Sigbjorn reaches Rank 6, he can choose a second active ability between:
Passive Ability: Heavy Impact[edit | edit source]
- The Warrior hits so hard that any enemies standing adjacent to his target on a strength attack take 1 strength damage from the shockwave.
Joining the Party[edit | edit source]
Saga 1: Sigbjorn, a member of the Ravens, was sent by Bolverk from Boersgard to the village of Reynivik to recover a stock of valuable mead. When the Skogr caravan meets him, he is drunk and under siege himself, a contingent of dredge assaulting the meadhouse of Reynivik. Helping him deal with the attack on his favorite meadhouse, near the end of Chapter 6, will give you a chance to recruit him in your caravan.
Saga 2: If still alive, he will be available throughout Chapter 8 and then follow the Ravens' caravan.
Saga 3: He is available as a member of Iver's party from Chapter 17.
Possible Deaths or Departures[edit | edit source]
- If you are defeated at the battle in the mead-house of Reynivik, Sigbjorn will be killed. He can be sent away by Rook, after the fight in Reynivik.
- He will always leave your caravan to rejoin the Ravens under Bolverk's command, as soon as you enter Boersgard.
- While playing as the Ravens in Chapter 13, Sigbjorn will grow unruly towards Bolverk and cause a fight. If Bolverk chooses to slam him into the ground, he ends up unintentionally killing Sigbjorn.
- Sigbjorn will die in Chapter 19 if you decide to take an alternate route while crossing the land bridge after passing the godstone of Denglr.
- He is killed along with other Ravens in Chapter 21 if you lose the battle against Bolverk.
Playstyle[edit | edit source]
- Sigbjorn starts at Rank 5 but you can not change his stats, unlike Eyvind.
- For a Rank 5 character, he is weaker than the other two Warhawks of the game, Gunnulf and Bersi.
- He is very mobile, having 2 Exertion and a +2 bonus-movement item equipped by default.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- His name loosely translates to "Victorious Bear".
- Sigbjorn is the 'key' to acquiring two powerful items: