The Landsman is a base-class introduced in the first part of The Banner Saga.
Class Attributes[edit | edit source]
Units belonging to the Landsman class have the following attributes:
- Size: 1x1 tile
- Movement Range: 4 tiles
- Attack Range: Melee (1 tile; see note section)
- Passive Ability: Lightstep (see below)
- Stats: Similar to human-melee units, like Raiders.
Passive Ability: Light Step[edit | edit source]
The landsman uses his superior dexterity to move around bodies, allowing him to pass through, but not stop on, any allies.
Light step can help a crafty landsman get safely into position behind armored allies before going in for the strike, or escape from a dangerous position.
Promoted Classes[edit | edit source]
Three promoted classes stemming from Landsman base class have so far been revealed:
- Hunter (Mark Prey ability) → Rook is the Hero belonging to this special Landsman promoted class.
- Warden (Rally ability) → Eirik is the representative Hero of this class.
- Tracker (Track ability) → Dytch is the representative Hero of this class.
Second Ability[edit | edit source]
When promoted to Rank 6, Rook gains the Call To Arms ability (a special one), whereas the Warden and the Tracker each gain the other's active.
Notes & Playstyle[edit | edit source]
- There is a small inconsistency about the Attack Range of Landsmen: While the Warden and the Tracker can only perform melee attacks (1 tile), the Hunter carries a bow and is thus also capable of ranged attacks (2-5 tiles).
- Enemy units of this base-class have only been shown in the second part of The Banner Saga, e.g. Starving Foragers in Chapter 13.
- The Landsman base-class has not (yet) been introduced into Factions.
- Landsmen are mostly support-type units, excelling in mobility.