Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Hunter is a promoted class stemming from the Landsman base-class, introduced in the first part of The Banner Saga.
- The basic active ability of the Hunter is called Mark Prey.
- His second active ability is Call To Arms.
- The Hunter carries two weapons: an axe and a bow. He is the only unit to have such a "hybrid" Attack Range, both melee and ranged (1-5 tiles).
- One playable hero belongs to this promoted class, Rook, one of the game's protagonists.
- Units of this class have not (yet) been introduced in Factions.
Active Ability: Mark Prey[edit | edit source]
By slashing at an adjacent enemy target with his knife, the Hunter does a small amount of Armor Break damage and then focuses the attacks of his allies on the target enemy. Any allies in-range of the victim instantly attack, during the end of the Hunter's present turn.
- Rank 1: 1 Break on target unit, instant attack by all in-range allies
- Rank 2: 2 Break on target unit, instant attack by all in-range allies
- Rank 3: 3 Break on target unit, instant attack by all in-range allies
Playstyle[edit | edit source]
- The Hunter is a very versatile and extremely mobile unit. The combination of his passive, his 4-tile movement range and his hybrid ranged/melee attacks, can make his presence felt practically everywhere on the board!
- When properly used, Mark Prey can be very devastating, even when the Hunter himself is maimed: Move allies in-range of a healthy enemy unit, break its Armor and then move the Hunter up to Mark it. This combo is even more deadly when used with Archer allies, thanks to the extra Puncture damage.