Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Canary is a Hero character encountered in the second part of The Banner Saga.
|Base – Max||Stat|
|10 / 12|
|13 / 16|
|8 / 11|
|3 / 3|
|2 / 3|
|Start rank||Free points|
Background[edit | edit source]
The largest tribe of Horseborn —the only tribe seen by most humans in this age— is lead by this slender, charismatic warrior. Canary —or Cainánóiridhe to other horseborn— is eager to learn what she can of humans, varl, dredge, and all the ways of the world as it currently stands. Whether she wants to keep it that way is anyone's guess.
Active Ability: Pin[edit | edit source]
Rank 1: Reduces movement by 2 tiles
Rank 2: Reduces movement by 3 tiles
Rank 3: Reduces movement by 4 tiles
Active Ability: Poison Tipped[edit | edit source]
- When Canary joins, she is already at Rank 8, and also has Derdriu's primary active, Poison Tipped.
The Horseborn Cantref uses a javelin tipped with a deadly poison to make sure her enemy doesn't forget her after the initial sting of her attack passes. The ill target becomes unable to secure their own ground and units can move through him/her.
Poisons like this are often used against high Strength enemies to wear them down over time or on a large unit that is blocking paths to other areas of the board.
The doses do not stack together, but a second dose will serve to refresh the damage over time and keep the target afflicted.
Rank 1: 1 Strength damage per Round, for 3 Rounds
Rank 2: 2 Strength damage per Round, for 3 Rounds
Rank 3: 3 Strength damage per Round, for 3 Rounds
Passive Ability: Free Roam[edit | edit source]
Joining the Party[edit | edit source]
Possible Death or Departure[edit | edit source]
- Canary's disposition against the Skogr caravan is left at a cliffhanger at the end of Chapter 14, where it is implied that her herd had massacred the city of Tolir.
Playstyle[edit | edit source]
- Pin can penalize high-Armor cumbersome enemy units like Dredge Stoneguards or Shieldbangers, locking them down and exposing them to ranged attacks by ally units, e.g. Archers.
- Canary is the Hero with the highest base (join) Rank in the game, 8, and the only one to come with two active abilities.
- She has the highest Strength cap of all ranged-attack Heroes in the game, 16.
- The high caps of her Stats and her high base Rank limit Canary's access to multiple Talents. For example, she can only reach Rank 1 of Strength or Willpower Talents.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Canary appears in the early Concept Art of the game, which implies that she is a key character in the story.