|Base – Max||Stat|
|10 / 12|
|14 / 15|
|10 / 12|
|2 / 3|
|2 / 3|
|Start rank||Free points|
|Class: Dredge Stonesinger|
Apostate is a potentially friendly Dredge Stonesinger first encountered in The Banner Saga 2.
Background[edit | edit source]
This stonesinger, a powerful dredge spellweaver, is proof that not all the dredge fear and hate humanity. Though the stonesinger does not speak it travels with the Ravens now, working toward what you expect is the same goal: saving its own kind from the darkness.
Active Ability: Umbrage[edit | edit source]
- The stonesinger casts a powerful spell, sending a surge of strength through all his allies. The added size and bulk causes some armor to break.
- Rank 1: -2 ARM, +3 STR
- Rank 2: -3 ARM, +4 STR
- Rank 3: -4 ARM, +5 STR
- In an emergency, the spell can be used to keep weak units alive, but the long casting time requires planning ahead.
- This ability can be used multiple times.
Active Ability: Rupture[edit | edit source]
- The character's magic seeks out any dredge too weak to resist it and explodes their bodies, killing them and sending stone shrapnel in all directions.
- Rank 1: Dredge with 8 STR or less
- Rank 2: Dredge with 9 STR or less
- Rank 3: Dredge with 10 STR or less
- This is powerful weaving, but requires a round to cast. Some dredge are strong enough to resist even if wounded.
- Affects warped dredge.
Passive Ability: Disease Strike[edit | edit source]
- Inflicts a disease on enemies after a successful attack. Diseased enemies lose 1 STR per turn.
- Diseased enemies will pass the disease on to their healthy allies when standing adjacent to them.
- Note: units with STR resist will not take damage from Disease Strike.
Caravan Presence[edit | edit source]
Apostate is first encountered by the Ravens in The Banner Saga 2 deep within the mines of Bindal. If allowed into the caravan via Zefr's translations, he joins the hero roster in The Banner Saga 3 alongside Iver and the Ravens. He can be killed when introduced instead of being allowed into the caravan, but there are no other scenarios in which he dies.