Hello all! (probably Kuba is working on this page).
Some things I came along --
- The color of the name of each item is color-coded to its rank, [1/2/3/4/5]=[Grey/Green/Blue/Purple/Red]
- The "level" of the item is referred to as "rank"
- Do you think items are found in specific locations, e.g. markets of given towns, or battles, or godstones? I think it could be more random than that, but we'll need to look into it.
- That "feather" item (next to the shoes) : Scarlet Feather -- Rank 4 -- "Nobody has actually caught a blood raven but the lucky few who have found one of their feathers can tell you why" -- [+2 Movement][-1 Drawing AGGRO] (I don't remember where i got it, probably a random drop from a fight, or found at a godstone? I certainly didnt buy it)
Color coding the links is a grand idea... but there's a slight issue in that the red makes it look like the link is bad. Not changing it, but throwing that out there. --Helmdr (talk) 23:30, 3 February 2014 (UTC)
- Putting those "rank-badges" (red circle with the number 1-5 in it) somewhere on the item-box would be an idea. Another idea (don't know if its possible) is to place the color in a background/highlight of the text (and not the letters themselves). I think that would look ugly though. Finally, as the items are quite a lot, we could sort them somehow, e.g. by rank? --Aleonymous (talk) 08:33, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
Items are now sorted by their icon names, as in game files. I think there are some better ways how to sort them: 1) names by alphabet 2) first by rank, then by names 3) group them by their effects, but this could cause some duplicities, since some items have more than one stat. What do you think? KubaTBS (talk) 12:35, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
Check an idea of how it would look if we added the "rank-badges" of the items in their captions here -- http://bannersaga.gamepedia.com/User:Aleonymous The badges would go where the Grunt icon is. I'll see if I can extract the in-game images, else I can make them easily. Another idea would be to have a sortable table with all items and their parameters. The modifies I recall are:
- Bonus(es) to stats: STR/ARM/WP/EX/AB
- Bonus to movement
- Knockback at X STR-damage
- Chance of Double-Damage
- Chance of Dodge STR-attack
- Per turn +ARM or +WP
- On Rest +WP (+ARM?)
- Deflect X STR-damage
- Unique attributes, like "never deflected" or "save from death unless STR=1" etc.
- Acquired by Quest or Market/Drop (i.e. random)
Am I forgetting something? So, I see a matrix with ~15 columns... Sounds big, eh?
Two missing items[edit source]
Thanks to John's TBS decompiler I have added last two missing items: Calabilla and Ash Mead, but I still don't know where to get them. Ingame data says they can't be bought at market. Has anyone find a way how to get them?
- Haha, I had the same plan for those two item, but you got me there, Kuba! :) I am pretty sure I ran on the Ash Mead during my preview build play-throughs, but can't remember where/how. Only thing I can contribute is that it might appear in Chapters 2 or 3. Perhaps it was a random-drop/loot from Wars? --Aleonymous (talk) 22:38, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
- I found this pretty nice "guide" -- http://mattwritesstuff.hubpages.com/hub/The-Banner-Saga-Walkthrough-Item-List -- that describes how to get those two items (Ash Mead & Calabilla), and I filled them up in this wiki. Check this guy's other TBS-related writing here -- http://hubpages.com/search/include%3Ahubs+mattwritesstuff+banner+saga?sort=Date. --Aleonymous (talk) 13:16, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
Rank images[edit source]
- OK, I fixed that "?" issue. Actually it was a corrupted font due to my copy-pasting the text to my text-editor (notepad++) to process it. My Greek keyboard didn't support those characters... So, that item was the only one with non-standard characters/gryphs. Thankfully! --Aleonymous (talk) 16:06, 8 February 2014 (UTC)
An interesting theme for us[edit source]