We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|Base – Max||Stat|
|10 / 12|
|14 / 16|
|4 / 11|
|2 / 2|
|2 / 2|
|Start rank||Free points|
Background[edit | edit source]
Found in a drunken stupor, Sigbjorn appears to be part of a clan of questionable morals currently residing in Boersgard.
Active Ability: Tempest[edit | edit source]
- The Warhawk uses his massive weight to sweep his weapon around himself, hitting multiple adjacent targets, friend or foe, for normal strength damage.
- Tempest hits the selected enemy target plus additional units, friend or foe, moving in a clockwise fashion around the Warhawk. After clicking on the enemy target (and before ticking to confirm the action) the units to be hit are highlighted with the purple-filled tiles.
- Rank 1: hits up to 2 targets
- Rank 2: hits up to 3 targets
- Rank 3: hits up to 4 targets
- Tempest triggers the Warhawk's passive ability, Heavy Impact, which in turn can cause a chain reaction of destruction if used in close quarters. Keeping the Warhawk out of harm's way until late in the fight will maximize his effectiveness.
Second Active Ability: Choice[edit | edit source]
- In the second part of The Banner Saga, when Sigbjorn reaches Rank 6, he can choose a second active ability between:
Passive Ability: Heavy Impact[edit | edit source]
- The Warrior hits so hard that any enemies standing adjacent to his target on a strength attack take 1 strength damage from the shockwave.
Joining the Party[edit | edit source]
Saga 1: Sigbjorn, a member of the Ravens, was sent by Bolverk from Boersgard to the village of Reynivik to recover a stock of valuable mead. When the Skogr caravan meets him, he is drunk and under siege himself, a contingent of dredge assaulting the meadhouse of Reynivik. Helping him deal with the attack on his favorite meadhouse, near the end of Chapter 6, will give you a chance to recruit him in your caravan.
Saga 2: If still alive, he will be available throughout Chapter 8 and then follow the Ravens' caravan.
Saga 3: He is available as a member of Iver's party from Chapter 17.
Possible Deaths or Departures[edit | edit source]
- If you are defeated at the battle in the mead-house of Reynivik, Sigbjorn will be killed. He can be sent away by Rook, after the fight in Reynivik.
- He will always leave your caravan to rejoin the Ravens under Bolverk's command, as soon as you enter Boersgard.
- While playing as the Ravens in Chapter 13, Sigbjorn will grow unruly towards Bolverk and cause a fight. If Bolverk chooses to slam him into the ground, he ends up unintentionally killing Sigbjorn.
- Sigbjorn will die in Chapter 19 if you decide to take an alternate route while crossing the land bridge after passing the godstone of Denglr.
- He is killed along with other Ravens in Chapter 21 if you lose the battle against Bolverk.
Playstyle[edit | edit source]
- Sigbjorn starts at Rank 5 but you can not change his stats, unlike Eyvind.
- For a Rank 5 character, he is weaker than the other two Warhawks of the game, Gunnulf and Bersi.
- He is very mobile, having 2 Exertion and a +2 bonus-movement item equipped by default.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- His name loosely translates to "Victorious Bear".
- Sigbjorn is the 'key' to acquiring two powerful items: