We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Dredge Fire Slinger
General[edit | edit source]
Dredge Fire Slingers are an improved version of their weaker Slag Slinger 'cousins'. They don't have higher stats but they possess a powerful active ability, Shatterstone (see below), that is similar to Slag and Burn in some accounts.
They come in three ranks: regular, Flame and Inferno. The higher ranks, distinguished by different colors, are encountered later in the game or in the Hard difficulty setting.
Passive Ability: Back Off[edit | edit source]
- The random nature of Back Off makes Slingers hard to get, especially when you want to Break them and follow-up with a Strength attack.
- Always be cautious when attacking a Slinger. Back Off movement can expose your allies to attacks from back-line Dredge that were blocked by that Slinger!
- The exact conditions under which the Back Off passive triggers are not entirely clear; for example, Splinter damage does not trigger it, whereas Heavy Impact does.
- It seems that Back Off is triggered only once between two turns of a Slinger unit; hence, if a Slinger has already Backed Off, using e.g. a Spearman's Impale on it won't cause extra walking damage.
Active Ability: Shatterstone[edit | edit source]
The Fire Slinger reaches into its pouch and produces two blue-glowing rocks. It crushes them together and throws them at two tiles, occupied or not, in its normal attack-range. On the start of its next turn, both rocks explode dealing 2 Strength and 2 Armor damage to any unit (ally and enemy alike) standing in the 5-tile area defined by the tile the rock landed on and its four adjacent ones.
- Killing the Fire Slinger neutralizes its two 'bombs'.
- In case a unit is found in the 5-tile areas of both Shatterstones, it will take double damage. Sometimes both Shatterstones are thrown on the same tile; that would make the tile glow brighter.
- Large (2x2) units will only take up to 2 Strength & 2 Armor damage from a single Shatterstone.
- Shatterstone increases the effective range of Fire Slingers to 6 tiles.