Castaway is a dredge hurler found alone among aggressive humans at the godstone Denglr in The Banner Saga 3.
Perhaps it was divine luck that Iver and crew found the dredge and freed her from the misery of rejection with Alfrun's translations.
|Base – Max||Stat|
|10 / 10|
|11 / 11|
|10 / 10|
|3 / 3|
|3 / 3|
|Start rank||Free points|
|Class: Dredge Hurler|
Background[edit | edit source]
A dredge female found reluctantly stuck within the darkness at the godstone Denglr, capable of exploding thrown rocks. The speechless stonehurler was attacked by human survivors there until Iver and the Ravens came along. Separated from her own kind, she seems rather pragmatic about the whole situation.
[edit | edit source]
Active Ability: Shatterstone[edit | edit source]
- The character throws an unstable shatterstone onto the field.
- Although not as powerful as a stable shatterstone, it explodes immediately, damaging surrounding tiles.
- Rank 1: -1 ARM, -1 STR
- Rank 2: -2 ARM, -2 STR
- Rank 3: -3 ARM, -3 STR
- Because the shatterstone will hurt anyone around it, choosing where it lands is critical.
Active Ability: Sunstrike[edit | edit source]
- The character strikes her target solidly in the head, leaving the target
- dazed and unable to exert himself for anything more than basic actions.
- Rank 1: STR damage
- Rank 2: STR damage +1
- Rank 3: STR damage +2
- Sunstrike is useful for locking down enemies with
- particularly dangerous abilities, among other things.
Passive Ability: Back Off[edit | edit source]
- When hit, the character retreats to a new position
- in hopes of finding a better vantage point.
- The exact position is not controlled.
Effects from Story Progression[edit | edit source]
It can also tell the Ravens to eat mushroom-like plants they find in the underworld in Chapter 21, enabling them to travel faster.
Possible Death or Departure[edit | edit source]
The Castaway does not appear in Iver's party if you lose the battle against Bolverk in Chapter 21, presumably killed alongside the Ravens.