The Banner Saga 2
The award-winning epic role-playing game continues with The Banner Saga 2 where The Banner Saga left off, in a world with left grime as the Dredge slowly overtake it. Cities and towns continue to crumble into chaos. Heroes still remain, as new ones grow more prominent, and again as before choose wisely as decisions have consequences and wise choices must be made when conversing with possible allies during intricately crafted dialogues. Turn-based strategy brings tactical challenge in hand-animated battle sequences.
[edit | edit source]
- Continue your Saga – Make sure you complete the first game so you can import your saved game to Banner Saga 2 and keep your Characters, Items, Levels, Choices, and more carry forward straight in to Banner Saga 2.
- Battlefield Objectives – not every battle is about killing the other side
- Interactable Objectives – Interact with various objects on the battlefield
- Storytelling via Battleboards – we’re going to use the battle boards and combat to help us show and tell more of the story
- Balance – new levels, items, and skills as well as all of the previous content are being balanced again for better combat
- The Horseborn – You’ll be introduced to a new race coming up from the southern parts of the world.
- The World – The world of The Banner Saga expands with new Characters, new Threats, and more of the world to explore.
New Talents for Specialization[edit | edit source]
Each hero now can choose a specialized path, or talent, in each of the five attributes; strength, willpower, exertion, armor and break. These talents take Renown points to level it up. Each new level, for a total of three levels, brings more benefit. However be aware that once you chose a path, there is no going back. Heroes can now reach level 10, instead of their level 5 cap from Banner Saga. As you find new heroes that join your clan you will have to balance how you spend Renown even more given all of its uses. However, having some powerful heroes with upgraded Talents can turn the tide of some of the tougher battles. Finally as you increase in experience your hero can now have two classes that give you additional special attacks during battle
New Races and Monsters[edit | edit source]
Adding variety to the world was always our plan, however after listening to our community we increased our plan. From an entire new race of Horseborn, powerful bears, creepy skulkers, new humans, new clans, and new bosses, you will get to experience a lot more in battle, encounters and while traveling the dangerous roads.
More Cinematics[edit | edit source]
The beginning of Banner Saga introduced you all to a world that was in trouble. Clans were battling for control of Strand, the varl were on the move, and Rook and Alette being pursued by beings they thought of myth and legend. All of this was delivered in hand drawn, hand animated cinematic events. The community certainly wanted more of this and while we are not able to spend millions on cinematics every turn, we did increase this experience quite a bit and throughout the game. We hope you enjoy them.
Updated Combat[edit | edit source]
Along with the variety of adding new races, classes, talents, and monsters, combat has been given some attention as well. Several new systems will be experienced while in battle. We added story telling in battles where characters are giving more context to the situation or continuing where you left off in dialogue. The choices you make in dialogue also affect who is supporting you in battle or who is not. Destructible environments add some interesting elements by slowing down either side. Finally different battle win conditions change what you have to accomplish while you are fighting.
System Requirements[edit | edit source]
- OS: Windows XP SP3 / MAC OSX 10.7.5
- RAM: 2 GB
- Disk space: 4 GB
- OS: Windows 7 SP1/ MAC OSX 10.7.5
- RAM: 4 GB
- Disk space: 6 GB